Sunday, December 13, 2009

Ugly Dolls make me so happy



So back in 2007, my homeboy Kevin got an Ugly Doll named Babo with his Citibank rewards points. Babo was totally adorable and we loved him.





Last Christmas I was in New York and saw a bunch of Ugly Dolls in a storefront in Chelsea and bought Kev the "Ugly Dog" doll (the lil' red guy on the bottom-right in the photo above).

Kevin was sooo happy.

I've since learned that these little creatures were thought up by independent toy designers David Horvath and Sun-Min Kim, who are based in New Jersey and seem to be very cool people.

I was checking out the Ugly Doll Blog today and found this photo of Sasha Obama rockin' the "Babo’s Bird" doll on her backpack on the first day of school.



How cute is that?

Anyhow, if Kevin plays his cards right, he might get another Ugly Doll for Christmas this year. (Spoiler Alert - I'm thinking OX!)

No comments:

Post a Comment